What is the Beautification Commission?
Serving on the Commission
The PG Beautification and Shade Tree Advisory Commission is looking for volunteers! Members of the Commission are a hard working group which:
- Advises the City Council on the methods and means of enhancing the beauty of the city
- Makes recommendations to the City Council for programs such as Arbor Day, cleanup and home beautification contests, etc.
- Participates in the development of the urban forestry program for the betterment, care and maintenance of city and non-city trees
- Are appointed by the Mayor with consent of the City Council
- Have become familiar with Pleasant Grove City Code, Title Two, Chapter 2, Article E
- Attends monthly meetings (2nd Thursday of each month)
- Awards homeowners in each neighborhood (Yard of the Month) June – September
- Awards homeowners in your neighborhood (Seasonal Decoration) December
- Helps in organizing and attend the annual Arbor Day Celebration
- Organizes and participates in the Strawberry Days Hidden Garden Tour
- Attends City meetings as assigned (City Council, DRC, Planning, etc.)
- Attend seminars and classes to stay informed of current practices
- Communicates with the Leisure Services Division (Parks & Cemetery Department) for park improvements
- Develops and carries out the PG City Water Conservation Awareness and Education Plan
- Compensation – Members shall serve without monetary compensation
What is expected/required to be on the Commission?
Each Commission member is expected to fulfill the following:
- Complete the application below and be available for a quick discussion with a Commission member
- Be presented to the City Council and Mayor for appointment on the Commission
- Be willing to serve on the commission for a 4 year term
- Dedicate approximately 1 hour each week on Commission duties
- Attend the monthly Commission meeting every 2nd Thursday 7:00-8:30pm
- Have fun working on City beautification projects!
For more information, please refer to Pleasant Grove City Code, Chapter 2, Article E